Monday, January 18, 2010

Why Post Processing?

Read through one of my friends blog, Aaron Chin discussing something about post processing (PP). So I wonder if I can discuss about this issue as well via my blog :)

Post processing, or mostly known as PP in short form. So the question is why do we need post processing? I'm not sure about other but for me, it is a technique to tune out the color and match the feel. No matter how good you are in photoshooting, it is impossible for you to capture the color that is not present in reality. Let the photo do the talks.

For example:

Original JPEG


PP-ed JPEG (Color Balance and Photo Filter used)

As you can see, the original JPEG is just a normal and plain photo or may be it is just good enough. Now, look at the result after PP-ed. Don't you think more feel is coming out from the photo itself? Telling you as if there's a hidden feeling along the road.

Summary:
PP is a technique/tool to make your photo even more nicer and comfortable. It's totally not related to how good you are in photoshooting or how experience you are. Frankly, I never see any professional photographer that posted their photos are without post processing especially on wedding. There's no rules of thumb on how you're going to tune your photo. Remember, photo is all about depth of feel. If you think the color suit you, just save it and post it.

I'm still a noob. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for reading.

No comments: