Friday, October 16, 2009

YS Origin on Windows Seven

Important note: This post is about to review some outdated game.

As I just completed story of YS I The Vanished Omen and YS II Eternal The Vanished Omen Final Chapter on my PSP. Then only I get to know that there is another YS 0 or known as Origin exist in the market. Until then I only realize it release on PC platform which is totally out of my expectation!

Straightaway I dig out the download source from Megaupload and install to my Windows 7. It's a bit risky to install into Windows 7 as the game is only support until Windows Vista. But I believe the infrastructure between Windows 7 and Windows Vista is more or less the same. The installation is successful! But be aware, the english config patch and Vista patch need to install by sequence.

Short Tutorial:
1. Install YS Origin Full Version
2. Next install Vista Patches V1.1.0.3
3. Then only install English Config Patch

During my first attempt, I install step 1, 3 and 2 and it give me a damn error as shown below.


Furthermore, I tried to install AppLocale into Windows 7 too but it just didn't help at all. Anyway, it is relief to know that YS Origin is compatible on Windows 7.

For Vista Version of YS Origin, you can simply unlock Adol Christen and Bonus difficulty setting by create 2 files.
  1. To unlock Adol (Only playable in Time Attack Mode): Create an empty file named "data.no" and place it into C:\Program Files\Falcom\Release folder
  2. To unlock bonus difficulty setting (Very easy and nightmare added): Create an empty file named "data.ne" and place it into C:\Program Files\Falcom\Release folder
Enjoy your game in Windows Seven :)

Click Here: YS Origin Official Website (included Demo and trailer)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank for the Info and links to patch!