Saturday, October 17, 2009

Upgraded from 3.80 M33-5 to 5.50 GEN-B + Decrypted ISO game

Its almost 2 years since I last bought my PSP. From that day started, it has been followed by CFW 3.80 M33-5 until today... finally I get myself to upgrade it to 5.50 GEN-B.

This is due to the fact that a lot of new ISO game are no more compatible with CFW 3.80 M33-5. What Sony did is to force you to install their official firmware 5.55 and play the game via UMD but not memory stick. This is to make sure no more piracy issue scattering around the whole world.

Yet, programming is a very scary subject. When you found a way to protect something, there might be a way to break that protection. This is what we so called Reserve Engineering. And so this happened now to Sony anti-piracy technology.

Given that a lot of people had posted up the tutorial on how to upgrade the CFW, I'm not going to waste my time guiding you instead provide you the link directly to that tutorial.

Important note:
  • Make sure your CFW is 3.71 M33 and above
  • Make sure your battery life is more than 78%
  • The Decrypted ISO game only workable on CFW 5.50 GEN-B
  1. Click this link to upgrade your CFW to 5.50 GEN-B. Follow their tutorial. Download source provided.
  2. Click this link to get the UMDGen and Game Decryptor.
  3. Watch this video clip to decrypted your ISO game.



I've tried to decrypt my YS Seven and Tales of VS and both is working perfectly. Enjoy your game :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.