Monday, April 7, 2008

Upgrade! My New CPU

Tada! after a long consideration, cost planning and allocation, struggle for budget and hardware arrangement, finally on the week before PIKOM, I decided to purchase a New CPU! Unexpectedly, I brought it with a cheaper price as I calculated before. The reason is that the hardware price drop instantly especially for RAM, MotherBoard and Hard disk.

Let me go through the hardware that I selected:

Processor: Intel C2D E4500 2.2Ghz FSB800 Cache 2MB

As it is not much different compare to 2.4Ghz, so I ended up brought this processor.

MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H

Unfortunately, the shop that I wish to purchase the whole CPU do not have stock almost for a week already. Hence, I brought this MotherBoard from other shop. This MotherBoard comes with NVIDIA chipset and integrated with NVIDIA Graphics card. Hence, the quality of the graphics is consider good based on the price. However, the driver of this Motherboard is not the latest one therefore it can't support WDDM for Windows Vista Aero Glass(although the box stated that it certified for Windows Vista). Well, thanks to my friends who helps me to download the latest version of this model's driver. After the installation and reboot. Aero Glass enable automatically! That time is around 4 am.

RAM: Kingston DDR2 2GB 667
Hard disk: WD SATA2 8MB 160GB + 320GB


Power Supply: Cooler Master Extreme 390 watt


Casing: Cooler Master Transparent Casing

This casing has One Build-In fan.

Front View:


Side View:


As for the other hardwares, it will inherited from my Old CPU. No more enjoyment for this month as I poor like hell now. Bread will be my Lunch and Dinner...

No comments: